Friday 3 November 2017

Fiasco 2017

Fiasco is the annual show put on by Leeds Wargamers Club at the New Dock Hall, next to the Royal Armouries in Leeds. (This hall was known as Saville Hall but it underwent a name change after the very unsavoury revelations that occurred on the death of Sir Jimmy Saville.)

This year the event was on Sunday. It is a smaller scale show that is very friendly, the gamers and the traders always have more time for chats and to explain what is happening on their games.

For the last two years I have been pursuing a policy of taking a fixed amount of money - also known as a budget - and only buying what I need, not buying lots of figures or paints or books. This is my haul for my ongoing Ottoman project.

Two more flatpack buildings from Warbases

One book - memoirs from a man who was there

From Colonel Bill's stand, a bag of OG 28mm Akinji

Some spears, a number of my Ottoman figures from Ebay do not have spears

A pair of Austrian 3 pounders from Eagle Figures

Why a pair of Austrian 3 pdrs? Well, a few weeks ago I was reading an article on the Ottoman army during the Napoleonic Wars by Andrew F Booth. He had written a sentence "However, the Turks had a fondness for Austrian 3 pdrs..." I find this to be an intriguing line and that such a battery with Turkish gunners would be a good addition to my army.

No comments:

Post a Comment