Tuesday 29 September 2015

Metropol Parasol, Seville

OK - I have vented my anger at the travel company and I am feeling a bit better. I want to share some of the really good sights we saw in Andalusia, starting with this, the Metropol Parasol in Seville.

The guide told us the locals called this building "The Mushrooms". It is a public space and a small food market. When B and I saw it, we stood looking up, mouth open, both saying "wow" and "fantastic". We know that not everyone on the coach trip agreed with us, we could hear the murmured grumblings, but we thought this was very bold and brave of the city authority to erect this very contemporary building.

These are postcards from the gift shop.

These are our photos.

Street level



Take the lift, step into one of the domes

Rooftop walkway



I liked this so much I bought the mug

No comments:

Post a Comment