Friday 7 March 2014

BBC TV "37 Days"

Lunchtime - I have just watched Part One of BBC Television's dramatisation of the 37 days leading up to the declaration of war in 1914. I have to say - bravo BBC - very good programme.


First class acting all round, with two more one-hour episodes which I am sure will maintain the standard.

I know there are some in our hobby who do not like dramatisation of historical events and those who dislike the political side of history, but if you can I recommend that you find time to watch these programmes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. I hope there's a way I can find this to watch here in Canada. I read Max Hasting's Catastrophe 1914 this fall and found the diplomacy and details of the British government's deliberations on the brink of war to be quite gripping.

    ReplyDelete