Monday 19 November 2012

October & November Films

I have not had much to report on film watching. The past few weeks I have seen an average of five films per week and many of those have been extremely average. Three films stand out.

The first two were seen at the cinema. "Loopers", a sci-fi starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the young Joe, Bruce Willis as the old Joe. Emily Blunt also starred. The plot was implausible enough to be believable, the effects were good and it was very well acted. Both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt are young actors that I make a point of watching, I think they will be great actors.

The second film at the cinema was "Skyfall", the new James Bond film. Very enjoyable, just leave your brains at home.

At home I watched "Margin Call", a very good ensemble piece set in a company on Wall Street. The film received very high praise when it was released, I am very pleased I have caught it.

Something else I am very pleased I caught was the television series "Falling Skies". More sci-fi, aliens invade earth, wipe out most of the adult population, this is the story of the survivors. A good story, good cast with Noah Wyle taking the lead, high production values (Steven Spielberg is listed in the credits). I have watched series 1, after Christmas I will try for series 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment